BCC-Plus+ Drawn from the in-person Building Cultural Competence (BCC) training, this training has four objectives:
1. Learn common definitions related to cultural competence
2. Learn about Michigan’s cultural ethnic groups
3. Highlight culture through religion and spirituality
4. Understand the benefits of cultural competence
Civil Rights & Equal Opportunity – CREOSH – has three training objectives:
1. Understand the work and procedures of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights
2. Know civil rights laws and their protections
3. Have an enhanced interest in civil rights issues
Included are modules on civil rights, equal opportunity and sexual harassment law. Both training modules run as Microsoft PowerPoint slideshows in your browser.
Hate Crime 101 is a basic introduction to hate crime and bias incidents and is intended for those who haven’t been able to attend a local training. The presentation has four objectives:
1. What is a hate crime?
2. Are hate crimes different from other crimes?
3. What laws cover hate crimes?
4. How will I know when a hate crime has occurred?